Friday, March 18, 2016

365 True Things: 355/Sushi

Tonight we went out for sushi, and predictably, I got ika, tako, and tobiko, but for a change of pace I made my fish hirame, halibut. I got to trade a piece of hirame for my usual hamachi, though, so all was good.

The true thing I want to point out here, however, is that whenever I go out for sushi, the first thing I do is remove the chopsticks from their paper cover and make a chopstick rest. This was tonight's:


I usually do this accordion fold, but sometimes I just tie a simple knot.

This reminds me that we brought some chopstick rests home with us from Japan. But do we use them? No. Maybe we should? Yes! They are vegetables: mushroom, pea, pepper (?), asparagus, and eggplant. So lovely.


We also have some pretty swell chopsticks that we likewise never use. Something's gotta change around here. Maybe it's time to find my Japanese cookbook. It's in the garage, in one of those boxes, somewhere. . . .



No comments: