Wednesday, August 14, 2024

41 of 100: Mona Caron, phytograffiti artist

Yet another gem I encountered in the book I've been working on (and am now almost done with, so I'll have to look for new inspiration), the Swiss-born, San Francisco–based street artist Mona Caron, who creates beautiful giant murals showcasing "the rebellious resilience of weeds" worldwide. She has many links, and some stories about their creation, including community involvement, on her website. She also does murals about history and place. Now I'm going to need to make a field trip to San Francisco to see some of her work in situ.

Anyway, here are some of her plant murals. Click to see them large. They're great!











The only one I made a note of location: Mumbai


And here's a short video about her and her weed art, from 2014:





No comments: