Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hodgepodge 94/365 - Poetry (e. e. cummings)

It's time for a poem. How about this one, by e. e. cummings, which I once made into a sweet little animation using Flash (it was for a class). I still have it, as an .swf file, but I don't know how to share it, sadly. I enjoyed making my little love letter: it involved words flying onto the screen, and for the "place of love" I used an old map of Paris. Seemed appropriate.

David also wrote a vocal work that featured this poem, which was quite lovely, but unfortunately he hasn't gotten around to sharing it on SoundCloud yet. When he does, I'll link to it here.

love is a place

love is a place
& through this place of
love move
(with brightness of peace)
all places

yes is a world
& in this world of
yes live
(skillfully curled)
all worlds

2 comments: