Monday, November 9, 2015

365 True Things: 225/Yosemite

One of my favorite places in the whole wide world is Yosemite. At pretty much any time of year. But I'm thinking about it today because I saw a brief video this morning—of falling snow! Oh, how I wish I were in Yosemite right now, enjoying the snowfall.


A number of years ago, we were in Yosemite in early December, for my birthday. It did not snow, but it did rain. On my parade, or so I thought at first.

But we decided, what the heck, we had rain gear, and it wasn't raining that hard. So we started to hike up the Yosemite Falls Trail. Around halfway up, the rain turned to . . . yes, snow! When we arrived at the top, the entire place was magically hushed under a blanket of white. Such a beautiful transformation.


I am hoping for lots of snow this winter, and occasional (or maybe frequent?) trips to the Valley to enjoy "real" winter. As well as jaunts up to Badger Pass, to cross-country ski down the Glacier Point road.


Upper photo courtesy cubanmama.com