Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Hold on! (60)

Everyone is hunkering down here for an "atmospheric river" hitting California, oh, about three hours from now, if Weather Underground knows anything. We've got plenty of food. Our devices are plugged in. My biggest fear is the huge Monterey pine in the back corner of our lot as it gets pushed around by high winds. If it comes down . . . well, that would be really, really bad news. 

Here are some graphic representations of what's coming:







Monterey's forecast as I type

I guess I'd better get out for my afternoon walk while I still can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update later that evening: My walk ended up being in a drizzle because I misgauged the "in-betweenness" of rainy spells, but it was lovely: the colors were so saturated, and I was all alone at the Frog Pond, which was prickling with raindrops. Meanwhile, WU has consistently downgraded the amount of rain we'll be getting, so it's looking less and less serious. Here, anyway. I expect the storm is hitting hard north of us. In any case, it looks like we're in for a good week of rain, save Friday, which will be dry. I'm glad. We really need the rain. It feels life-giving.



2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad to didn't hammered. Hope tomorrow is dry as you venture out to do your wilderness good deeds!

Kim said...

*you