Friday, July 24, 2020

10-Day Challenge

I've posted photo challenges here before. This one was of travel photos. Ten days. The boilerplate that I ended up with, after first inviting two specific individuals to play along, who then ignored me, was this:
I was chosen for the 10-day favorite travel picture challenge by my friend Barbara Moritsch 
 Every day I select an image from my pictures of places I've been--a place that made a big impression on me--and post it without an explanation. This is #X for me.
 If you'd like to post ten (or however many) of your own photos from wherever, with or without an explanation, I'd sure love seeing them.
One friend actually did bite, based on this general invitation, and posted a first photo of her, me, and three other special people at the Women's March in Washington on January 21, 2017. So yay. I think it's fun—to play along, in what ever fashion. Play is good. So are good memories. 

Here are the photos I posted for the challenge (with some explanation):

Petermann Island, Antarctica, this February
Acre, Israel
Niagara Falls, NY
Venice Beach, CA
Sitka, AK
Pic du Midi, the Pyrenees, France, a year ago right now
On Hwy 27 between Ringebu and Folldal, Norway
Cat Tien National Park, Vietnam
Gustavo, our birding guide at Sacha Lodge, Ecuador
Half Dome from the John Muir Trail, Yosemite NP
And here's my friend Thelma's picture of us on that glorious day:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Covid-19 stats for 7/25 at 11 a.m.: confirmed cases stand at 3,953, up 88 from yesterday and up 408 since I posted on Wednesday; hospitalizations are at 251, up 14 since Wednesday; deaths are at 22, up 1 since Wednesday. Monterey County has one of the worst rates of Coronavirus infection in the state, owing (probably) to two things: tourism and agriculture. A majority of cases are among Hispanics (74%) and people in the Salinas Valley (83%). But rates along the coast are rising too. We can't be too careful.

Stay safe. Stay healthy.


1 comment:

Kim said...

I like these as a collection even more than I enjoyed your daily posts, half-hoping, half-dreading you'd take me! Ha!