Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hodgepodge 96/365 - Garbage Can

Today while paying bills I actually took a look at the extra flyers stuffed in with the garbage collection bill. Two of them were sticky labels entitling us to ten extra pickups each of trash and greenwaste (yard clippings). We often do have to borrow a neighbor's yardwaste container, so now we have yet another avenue to get rid of, say, the bazillion bushels of pine needles that end up on the roof and need to be dispatched.

The inserts also discussed container size. It never really occurred to me until I was talking about it with a friend, but we never use more than one bag a week for our garbage (well, pretty much never)—and yet we have the maximally sized rolling bin. So today, with the phone number right there on one of those circulars, I called and asked if I could swap my supersized container for a small one, and whether that would save me money. Yes on both counts.

Sometimes the little things are enough.



1 comment:

Kim said...

The little things. It's always the little things.