Sunday, May 17, 2015

365 True Things: 50/Sunday

I woke up this morning wishing I could have not just this one Sunday this week, but a few of them in a row. On Sunday, the world has a different energy—a little slower, a little more about pleasure. Saturday too, but Saturday seems to involve more need-to-do (errand running, catching up with household chores). Back in the old days when businesses weren't open on Sunday, the difference was even clearer.

Since I freelance, I arguably don't appreciate the weekend the way most people do. When I work, I work hard, typically on the weekend as well as the weekdays; when I'm not working, it's potentially the weekend all the time.

Which is not a good thing. I could definitely use more structure. I need to remind myself that the things I do are work, even if I don't always get paid for them. And schedule them accordingly. Sometimes I forget . . .

But today, I'm glad it's Sunday. And tomorrow, I will try to take Monday seriously.





No comments: