Sunday, June 11, 2017

Hodgepodge 225/365 - Panna Cotta

I'm caught up with my posts, hurrah!

In celebration, we went out to dinner at what is probably our favorite restaurant on the Peninsula: Passionfish. (Okay, it wasn't really to celebrate the blog; maybe it was just to celebrate the fact that we are able to, that we have such a wonderful restaurant hereabouts, that life is good.)

We started with squid. This restaurant is so classy, it doesn't even try to disguise what we're eating with the alt-name of calamari. Then I had halibut, and David had Arctic char (a relative of salmon), each with a delectable sauce and vegetable accompaniment.

We finished in a way we never do: with dessert. Because my eyes almost launched out of their sockets when I saw the description of the panna cotta:


David had seen said dessert delivered to the next table, and I saw it just as they were finishing up—the dregs. But I had to ask, "How was it?" The man said that he'd been dreaming about it ever since the last time they'd had it. Said you could taste not just the lemon, but the Meyer lemon. He was positively swooning.

That settled it.

Here it was before we dived in:


The photo doesn't do it justice, but all I can say is, WOW!

So very glad we ordered the dessert, for a change.

And yay for being back on track with this wretched blog. Only 140 days to go.


1 comment:

Kauai Backstory said...

Yay! 140 more blog posts to read:-)