Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Hodgepodge 242/365 - Web Humor

The Web is a cornucopia of . . . well, pretty much everything. Occasionally I stumble on an absurdist website that absolutely delights me. Here's two of them:

The Nietzsche Family Circus, wherein images from the really stupid comic "Family Circus" are randomly paired with quotes from Nietzsche. The results make me almost glad that "Family Circus" exists. Here are a few (random, of course) examples:




And then there's xkcd: Existence Proof—A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language. Another random sample:






From xkcd, I have just now discovered A Softer World, which has now ended, but: archives! It looks like fun. I'll be exploring it further. Here's a sample:


And finally, one that I discovered the day after I posted this, via Facebook (of course): Math with Bad Drawings. For example, from "Commencement Speeches for Mathematicians":



P.S. 8/14/17: Found this one today, and am adding: drawninpowerpoint. Here's today's. It's not funny. It's deadly serious. But "humor" isn't always funny. Sometimes it drives a point home in a profoundly graspable way.



No comments: