Friday, May 5, 2023

Random artists

Various people I follow on FB post imagery by artists I've never heard of, and I'm often intrigued enough to search them out. Then I forget their names and they fade from view. So I thought today I'd devote a post of my own to some of the artists I've encountered recently, so they won't disappear on me. I've linked their names to a little more about them and their work. There's so much beautifully inspired art out in the world. It makes my heart glad. (Click on the images to see them large on black.)

Akiyama Iwao, Japanese, 1921–2014

Wheat in Autumn, 1968

Owl, 1979


Gala Porras-Kim,
Colombian-born, Los Angeles–based, b. 1984

Four Mourners on a Mantel, 2017

Nayarit Index, 2017


Julia Loken
, British


Spring Cabbage, 2009

 
Billy Missi
, Torres Strait Islander (Australia), 1970–2012

Waru thural (turtle tracks), 2009

Mudhaw warul (sheltered turtles
behind the reef), 2007


Matthijs Röling
, Dutch, b. 1943

1969

Lente / Spring, 1975

Reza Derakshani, Iranian, b. 1952

Every Green Day and Every Red Night, 2010

Graceful Red Hunt, 2018

I have plenty to feast on from my friends' posts. I may well do a repeat random medley hodgepodge as a future post, to celebrate all the good creative energy swirling around us.

 

No comments: