Monday, January 2, 2017

Hodgepodge 65/365 - Greeting Cards

We received a few Christmas cards this season, and they were, as always, such a pleasure to read: especially the ones with a handwritten message (short) or a holiday letter (long), and/or with photos. I propped them on the mantel, behind the menorah, where they provided cheerful color and warmth.

(We, for our part, failed to send greeting cards yet again. We seem to do it every three years or so. Maybe next year we will be so moved again? Though I also think of sending New Year cards, just by way of appreciation for the effort others go to to stay in touch. Better late than never—even though this year it's looking very much like never, or in any case not until next year.)

I also received two birthday cards (FB more than makes up for the general dearth of mailed birthday greetings anymore). One was from my Questing friend Wendy, and it featured, appropriately, books! The other was from my sister-in-law, Patty, and her husband, Wayne. Inside was printed, "Hope your birthday is absolutely perfect." Beneath that Patty wrote, "What can I say? Wayne picked the card! I think he can see some hidden special qualities in you." That made me LAUGH! If you know me at all, you will understand why. Here's the card. Pink sequins! So not me!


Yesterday I took all the cards down, put them in recycling. All but the "fancy" card. I'm keeping that one on my desk.  


No comments: