Sunday, March 3, 2024

Curiosity 95: A few random videos

Tonight I offer a few random videos that I enjoyed today. Starting with something someone shared on FB, of course—CDK Company, with the song "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye:

Which led to a band, OK Panda, two of whose members are young friends of mine from Brussels; I did find myself thinking of OK Panda while watching the above, and YouTube apparently channeled that, because the next offering was this, the acoustic DIY "Echoes":

And then, in the list off to the right of other videos I might find interesting, was Taika Waititi in the "Letters Live" series reading "a hilarious letter about a parking ticket." The potential success of this video was no doubt divined by YouTube from the fact that I binged four episodes of Our Flag Means Death last night.

And speaking of bingeing, we've been watching the absolutely delightfully hysterical Staged with David Tennant and Michael Sheen the last little while, and that, too, was sparked by a video that I bumped into on FB. So I'll end with it (the bumped-into video, that is). 

Mind you, I rarely visit YouTube. Occasionally, like today, I'll stumble into a video that I enjoy, but that's it: nothing further. I did once actively use YouTube to figure out how to get the hatch on my brand-new Subaru to close, and I've used YouTube suggestions to clean the glass shower door or the microwave, that sort of thing. I tend to be pretty utilitarian when it comes to YouTube.

 I can't quite imagine what it's like to just flow from video to video to video to video to video, and on and on, thanks to the YouTube algorithm. To get carried along on that stream. It feels like it would end up being a closed loop, the flattening of time. Brrrrrrrr.

But I've had fun this evening doing a tiny bit of following along. Three's my limit, I think, though.

Anyway, here's that DT/MS video, a sort of prelude to the recent BAFTA awards. I hadn't ever realized how funny David Tennant is.



No comments: