Friday, March 5, 2021

Blackout poetry

I've been following a creative mentor, Jen Louden, this last week on Facebook. She's been talking about such things as procrastination, our inner critic, "teeny tiny containers," ways to slip into creating, time anxiety, creative caves, and so forth. She invites people to post on what they've been working on this last week. Oh my! So much activity!

This evening I took a quick glance at the stream, and I was struck by an image of "blackout poetry" by Debra Eck. That got me looking for more. Here are a few random examples that I found. I really enjoy altered books, and in this case, altered book pages. 

Debra Eck (on this page
she has a video about how to
do what she calls
blackout meditations)

WordsbyHK

Colette Love H.

Jordan Wilmot

artist unknown to me

Janni Kretlow

Nadya F (a 7th- or 8th-grader)

Eloeloise

HC Mart

artist unknown to me

artist unknown to me


No comments: