Saturday, February 13, 2016

365 True Things: 321/Light (Shadows)

Today on a walk we encountered an abandoned bike with one training wheel, in the middle of the road. The road doesn't host car traffic, so the bike was safe. But it was eerie. Who had left it there? (It wasn't there yesterday.) And why? And why only the one training wheel?


I took a picture, of course, enjoying the long shadow the little bike cast and the saturated hues. That got me thinking about light and shadows—the long shadows of winter especially. And I thought today I'd do an "easy" post of photos I've taken that feature beautiful shadow play.

Enjoy.

At home: euphorbia
Olvera Street, downtown LA
Grimsbu, Norway
Monterey
Hami, China
David's great-grandmother's rocking chair
Me at work
SFMoMA
Laguna Seca racetrack
My friend Nina's Aunt Nina's house
Boronda bridge over Carmel River
Garland Park, on the way to Garzas Canyon
Eucalyptus Road (same road as forlorn bicycle)
Joshua Tree
Folldal, Norway





3 comments:

Eager Pencils said...

……. really nice.

cynthia newberry martin said...

I love these shadow photos...

SMACK said...

love the group of images