Saturday, September 7, 2024

56 of 100: Slow Horses

I have posted a couple of book reports about Nick Herron's Slow Horses books. The other day the fourth season of the TV version premiered, with Gary Oldman beautifully portraying the crass and burnt-out, but still (because of Oldman) root-for-able Jackson Lamb. I will be waiting until the entire season drops to watch this next season (I'm a 2 marshmallow kind of gal), but for now, here is a link to a conversation with Will Smith, the "showrunner," and, more immediately, the show's theme song, courtesy of Mick Jagger (as discussed in the Smith convo):

Now I just need to be patient. 

And I wonder what the marshmallow test, from 1970, would be if it were updated to now. Because really, it's not so hard to wait, what, two months, if the payoff is four nights of unmitigated pleasure. I don't think marshmallows can begin to compete in that line-up...

Those were different times. For sure. And I'm not just speaking as a 69-year-old.


No comments: