Sunday, October 18, 2020

Puzzling

Because I have no life anymore—yes, the pandemic; also, no work lately, because I was sick of editing and told all askers no, not until January—I have basically been (a) reading, (b) walking the dog, (c) watching evening television (currently, one episode of Borgen followed by two or three of Brooklyn Nine-Nine), and (d) doing jigsaw puzzles. Since my last post on the subject, in July, I seem to have completed four puzzles. Here is photographic evidence. Of interest to no one but myself, I'm sure. But I feel like I somehow need to account for my time . . . I find it interesting that the harder the puzzle is, the more photos I take. The Hopper wins. Or maybe I just liked the Hopper best? It was aesthetically very pleasing, I must say. And challenging. Gotta love a challenge. Even if it's only a jigsaw puzzle.

Finished August 2, a puzzle featuring Maui (as always, click on the images to view them larger, if you wish):




Finished August 14, Edward Hopper's Portrait of Orleans:








These are sky pieces. I desaturated too much.
But just picture them blue, and you get the idea.

Finished September 27, a kestrel:



And finally, completed this Sunday, October 11, feathers:




I like to leave the finished puzzles on my drawing table for a few days so I can admire them. But it's been a week. I might be ready to start on a new one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Covid-19 figures for MoCo: total cases, 11,022 (up 79); hospitalizations, 645 (up 2); deaths, 83 (up 1). 

Stay well. Vote.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only one I would choose to do of those would be the feather one. The others are either too hard (Hopper) or I don't care for the artwork (whale one). We've completed maybe six puzzles since March, the latest being an alphabetized group of old-fashioned national park posters. I'm looking forward to doing one of the Sistine Chapel ceiling next, though it's small compensation for not getting to see it for real in April.
This is your old elementary school classmate typing, Jackie.

kennedymom said...

Good eyes, Anne. And patience (that white part)

Anne Canright said...

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the Maui one, but I was stuck without a puzzle, and David had won this at a silent auction. Each puzzle has had its own delights or challenges or frustrations. The Maui one ended up being kind of fun, even if I wouldn't have chosen it myself. Plus, it was only 500 pieces. All the others I've done have been 1,000. There's something to be said for a "short" puzzle.

Kim said...

Thanks for the show tips!